Global Migration Policy Associates is an International Research, Policy Development, Advisory Services and Advocacy Group, addressing international migration from a truly global, multidisciplinary and rights-based perspective. Our concept note provides a detailed profile of GMPA. Who we are shows core Associates, our Affiliates, and members of the Advisory Council.
FILLING THE GAP
International migration is clearly a mega-trend of the 21st Century. It is a major issue on the economic, political and social landscape worldwide. Nevertheless, migration remains an issue on which much policy is made on the basis of little data. Governments and international agencies cannot individually sustain teams with the breadth of knowledge and experience needed to address the complexity of governing migration. GMPA fills the gap by offering globally based and balanced research, analysis, advice, and support for rights-based approaches to governance of migration at all levels.
GMPA provides multi-issue research, policy development, advisory services and practical support for good governance, building on international norms and proven practice. Its comparative advantages include:
- Policy research and advisory services from a global perspective
- Cross cutting approaches combining research with policy and practice
- Global knowledge to deliver sound analysis, advice and programmes
- Breadth and diversity of linkages, covering all main areas of migration
BREADTH OF EXPERTISE
Member Associates and Affiliates are experienced specialists and recognized experts on the broad range of migration themes listed on our website topic index. Regional expertise covers Africa, North and Latin Americas, Asia, the Caribbean, Eurasia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania-Pacific.
- Research and analysis
- Technical assessments
- Setting policy, legislation, administration and good practices
- Technical cooperation
- Capacity building and training
- Conference and seminars
- Communication and public awareness